Saturday, August 24, 2013

More Cheese

Hey everyone. I didn't have time to put together a full-blown post for you.

But I did make another cheese recipe this week.

Oh. And FYI -- it just so happens to be the MOST REQUESTED RECIPE in the history of this blog.

BOOM!

I don't really have time to write anything witty and/or clever. In fact, I am heading out of the door as I type this. So I have created a sort of "recipe storyboard" for you involving a series of awful pictures and some random comments.

Enjoy.

Yes. This Recipe Involves a Schematic


Bread & Cottage Cheese in the Blender. Be Still My Heart.

The "Pancake". Before it went under the broiler.



The finished product. Before it went in my belly.




So there you have it! The ever popular Austrian Breakfast Pancake for your viewing pleasure. Give it a whirl! By the way. I didn't like it very much, but let me know what you think. I'll take a good old fashioned Terrace Tempter over this catastrophe any day!

OK--I am heading out for a nice long weekend, so please don't panic if there isn't a new Retro WW Rule posted on Monday. I will be sure to post the next Rule as soon as I get home! And believe me, its a BIG ONE. Omigosh Omigosh Omigosh....I seriously can't wait to tell you!

Until next time...

6 comments:

Shoes15 said...

Wait! How can this be a breakasft dish - you need TWO ounces of cottage cheese! We're only allowed ONE ounce at breakfast! TWO at luncheon!

Do I need to eat this for luncheon, or can I "cheat"?

Mimi said...

Diane, your enthusuasm & dedication are admirable! The 1oz rule refers to "hard cheese" only. You can have 1/4c of cottage cheese for brkfast. So no worries, my friend! You are still LEGAL!

Mimi said...

Btw--I love that you are now refering to it as "luncheon"

Shoes15 said...

OK, so I made this yesterday. Gag. Sorry!

Soph said...

Oh dear... your blog has entertained me to no end for the past day. But THIS... having lived in Austria my whole life, I'm pretty sure that this is nothing like anything you'd get for breakfast here. Then again, there are tons of sweet dishes for lunch, so maybe then? NO, no no. Not even then. I think it's the cottage cheese that is so off-putting. Make that fat free Topfen (quark, or neufchatel cheese), though, and it actually might be a WW-winner. Protein rich bread pudding!

What was it back then with the 1 slice of bread rule, anyway? Why were they not allowed to eat rice, or pasta, or potatoes?

Soph said...

Oh dear... your blog has entertained me to no end for the past day. But THIS... having lived in Austria my whole life, I'm pretty sure that this is nothing like anything you'd get for breakfast here. Then again, there are tons of sweet dishes for lunch, so maybe then? NO, no no. Not even then. I think it's the cottage cheese that is so off-putting. Make that fat free Topfen (quark, or neufchatel cheese), though, and it actually might be a WW-winner. Protein rich bread pudding!

What was it back then with the 1 slice of bread rule, anyway? Why were they not allowed to eat rice, or pasta, or potatoes?