Monday, August 19, 2013

Cheese Time!

I am soooo excited about this next rule. In fact, I do believe it is the best part of being a Retro WW Gal.

It's the CHEESE!

RULE #3: CHEESE - Cheese is only allowed at breakfast or luncheon, not at dinner. 
At breakfast, 1 oz. hard cheese or 1/4 cup cottage cheese or pot cheese may be used, following your Menu Plan. At luncheon, 2 oz. hard cheese or 2/3 cup cottage cheese or pot cheese may be used.



FYI - Hard cheese includes: Cheddar, American, Asiago, Edam, Gruyere, Muenster, Parmesan, Provolone, Romano, and Swiss to name a few. Farmer Cheese and Pot Cheese are also legal.

But the cheese that gets top billing in my book is the one...the only...

I put this sh*t on EVERYTHING
Anyway. To prepare myself with all the information I needed for this week's Cheese "Rule", I decided to go to the Master.

So I called my mom.

Back in the day, my mom's favorite Retro WW lunch treat was a toasted "twofer" topped with a legal serving of Farmer Cheese and a packet of Sweet n' Low, placed under the broiler for a few minutes. According to my mom, it tasted just like cheese cake.

Alrighty then.

It's Called "Almost a Danish"

I didn't have Farmer Cheese, and I wasn't about to repeat the great Twofer Debaucle of 2010. But I did make myself a nice little "cheesecake" treat with some light wheat bread and cottage cheese. And it wasn't too bad. Who else out there is going to give it a try? Hit me up in the comments section and let me know how you liked it!

OK. Listen Up. Ohmigosh you guys...Get this. Later this week, I will be whipping up another cheesy concoction, and you will not want to miss it. Why? Because it is the NUMBER ONE READER REQUESTED RETRO WW RECIPE OF ALL TIME!!!!

That's right. I know you are all trembling with anticipation. And I will be making it for the first time EVER. This week. I am way more excited than I should be.

YAY CHEESE!!!!!!!

9 comments:

Averyl said...

Ha! As you know this brings back memories for me personally having lived and eaten like this in the 70s! I used to put low-fat cottage cheese on a wafer ice cream cone with sprinkles!!

Poppy said...

I am a weirdo who hates almost all condiments (including salad dressings), so I always put a couple scoops of lowfat cottage cheese on top of green salads. People always seem perplexed by that and can't believe that I genuinely prefer it actual salad dressing.

yinzerella said...

For the love of all that is holy, what is POT CHEESE?

Jeannie said...

Alas, I love cheese, but it doesn't agree with me these days. Maybe it was all the cheese I ate on WW, hmmmm.

Vonlipi said...

Yes what is Pot Cheese? Do tell!

A pot of cheese? Cheese with pot lol?

Mimi said...

For inquiring minds...Pot Cheese is very similar to Cottage Cheese. I never had it. But I am willing to try.

Shoes15 said...

So I had this for breakfast this morning. I remember my mother making this and sprinkling cinnamon on it, so I did that just to go all Hollywood on this assignment.

It was pretty tasty but paltry. I was hungry again by 10 a.m. and just ate Second Breakfast, like a Hobbit.

SusieQT said...

My mother to this day still makes something similar for breakfast, except she dusts it with cocoa powder. The stench alone is enough to get you out of bed and out the door!

Susan said...

My Poor old Dad who struggled with his weight for years loved this. He called it a cheese danish and added cinnamon. YUM! He died in 1982. He took mw to my first ww meeting. Still miss him.