Sunday, October 16, 2011

Better Late Than Never

"On October 12th 1492, a man discovered America. On October 12th 1923, America discovered a lady who was born to 'discover' Weight Watchers. He was Christopher Columbus. She was Jean Nidetch. He took the mystery out of the world. She took the L out of flab." - The Jean Nidetch Story

This week was Jean Nidetch's birthday.

And I missed it.

Sorry Jean!

If I could, I would bake Jean a great big Black Walnut Flavored Cake with Strawberry Fluff Frosting - just like the one in her 1974 Weight Watchers Recipe Cards.


I have no idea how Jean spent her birthday, but I have no doubt it was fabulous.

As for me, I'll be sure to honor the awesomeness of Jean's birthday in some small way. Maybe I'll try to inspire someone to make a positive change in their life. Maybe I'll try to challenge myself to do something new and visionary. Maybe I'll set a new goal, chart a new course or find a new passion.

Or maybe I'll just whip up a wickedly awesome gelatin mold.

What will you do today that is awesome?

2 comments:

Shoes15 said...

I am planting 75 tulip bulbs today!

Roz @ weightingfor50 said...

Hi Mimi. Love this, happy birthday Jean. Today I went to an apple festival. And given apples are point friendly, I think it was quite fitting. :) All the best.