Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Rosy Perfection

I've had many role models along my weight loss journey, but the most unusual by far comes in the form of a molded salad.

That's right. I've finally snapped. I'm striving to be like a gelatin mold.

While some people collect inspirational quotes, success stories or motivational photos, I keep one single recipe card pinned to my mirror to always remind me to stay positive and never give up.


The 1974 WW Rosy Perfection Salad is the perfect balance of sweet and tart. It is bold and has a slight bite, but it is never bitter. Although some may say there are newer or better or more appealing salads out there -- the Rosy Perfection Salad does not care. It knows it is pretty, and it is proud. It has staying power. It has confidence. Not to mention, it is the most beautiful shade of pink I have ever seen.

How can you not love the Rosy Perfection Salad? I adore it in so many ways, but I have never actually whipped up one of my own.

Until today. The ingredients include...

1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup artificial sweetener
1/4 cup vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 cups shredded red cabbage
1 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon chopped pimento


When you fold it all together into one beautifully molded masterpiece, you feel like you can take on the world. Or at least just take on the day. Which isn't always easy to do, is it?

So won't you please have a piece and join me? It never hurts to have a little Rosy Perfection in your day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice job Mimi! It looks exactly like the picture. And it looks pretty too. What an amusing and adorable inspiration recipe card.

:-) Marion

Amy Anderson said...

Looks...um...delicious? :-)

Amy @ A Little Nosh

Unknown said...

I'm new to your blog, love it! I'm amazed by all the recipes that call for gelatin.

I used knox gelatin frequently back in the 80s. Synchronized swimmers use gelatin to keep their hair and hats back in place. At least they did back in my swimming days..

Gelatin beauty tip: It's great for hair!

Shoes15 said...

Pretty, yes, but must we have the gelatin? Why can't it just be a kind of coleslaw. Oh yeah, then it would not be rosy, and it would not be the 70s.