Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Saddest Soup Ever

What do you eat when you are lonely, busy, hungry and trying to follow the 1972 Retro WW Program?

The answer is: Quick Soup for One.

If you think the recipe title is depressing, just wait until you hear the ingredients:

6 ounces tomato juice
1 envelope instant broth mix
French Style string beans

Bring tomato juice to a boil. Add other ingredients, heat and serve immediately.


Before you start crying in your Pyrex bowl, just remember - you are not alone. There are lots of other Retro WW ladies out there who are just like you. It's going to be okay.

So even as you eat your Quick Soup for One - just imagine you are sharing that hot bowl of tomato juice & beans with a coast-to-coast network of weight loss buddies.

Kinda gives you the warm fuzzies, doesn't it?

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Seems like it's at least a good BASE to a soup. But I'm no soup aficionado, so I could be very, very wrong here lol

Life as a Caterpillar said...

Ooooh, yuk! I have no love for this soup, and i doubt it has much love for me either!!

~Tessa~Scoffs said...

I think I would substitute canned asparagus for the beans...

Lynn Thompson said...

I can see this as a good base for a soup. I did the WW program in the '70s but don't remember how we counted veggies. The good news is we are no longer in the '70s and our knowledge about food and nutrition has improved. I am a Lifetime member who just interviewed to be a leader. I would take this soup and add no point veggies to it and we might have a terrific 0 Point Plus soup!

Shoes15 said...

It could be worse... you could have made a sad sandwich with a "twofer" bread slice and some cottage cheese...

VegeCooking Club said...

Hmm...well it looks really easy!

Bring Pretty Back said...

You ALWAYS crack me up! You are right... this is a sad sad sad soup!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Pam said...

I think I would rename it Lazy Ass soup because you have to be the laziest ass going to make it on a regular basis! Why not save some effort and open up a can of Campbell's?

Jana said...

Ah, but if you don't serve immediately, you can experience the joy of LUKEWARM soup for one!

Sparkina said...

I don't think this is such a bad dish, but I would add some other veggies to it. And @Pam, sometimes a person is pushed for time. That doesn't make him or her lazy

Blogger said...

With bistroMD you can rest assured that not only will you receive gourmet entrees, but that every entree and each in bistroMD's weight loss programs will be balanced to bistroMD's custom nutritional platform to help promote an healthy diet.

STEP 1 - Choose one of the diet plans for 5 or 7 days of meals.
STEP 2 - View your menu in advance and pick the entrees you desire for each day and week.
STEP 3 - Order your diet program.
STEP 4 - Your entrees are delivered to your door.

ORDER NOW - delivered to your doorstep.