Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thanks But No Thanks Thursday - Return of the Mold!

Wait. What's that you say?

Oh -- You thought you were going to be forever spared the weekly gross-out that is known as TBNT Thursday? Just because I took a little break from the Retro WW Experiment? Well think again my friends!

You don't get off that easy around here. And boy, do we have a moldy treat in store for you this week!



This one is self-explanatory: Cooked Beets. Canned Pineapple. Brown Sugar. Diet Soda. Knox Gelatin. Put it in a mold and when it is solid, stick it on some lettuce.

Sounds good in theory, but I just wonder why anyone would want to eat this thing with so many other salad options out there? I can't help picturing this scary mold sitting out for hours on the buffet at a smoky 1974 dinner party - congealing with each passing minute and gathering a thin layer of condensation and slime. GAG. Yep--I went there.

On the other hand, looking at this dish almost makes me want to get back in the kitchen and whip up a mold of my own. So stay tuned! This weekend, I'll be back to my old tricks and cooking up a very special Retro WW Feast!

In the meantime - Beet and Pineapple Salad Mold? Thanks, but No Thanks!

3 comments:

Vonlipi said...

EEEEWWWWWW!

Beets and pineapple? Excuse me? Where is the nearest barf bag?

Welcome back! I love to be grossed out on TBNT Thursday! ;)

anniescupboards said...

I love your blog and VON cracked me up. lol

Joy said...

The actual recipe is not as bad as how I read it in my head, e.g. BEEF and Pineapple... Yes, beet and pineapple still sounds terrible but not half as bad as beef and pineapple, lol.