Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pyrex Makes Everything Better

I would have made a terrible mid-century housewife.

Folks--I'm not gonna lie to you. After 6 months of Retro Weight Watchers, it feels really good to be back to modern day WW eating. This week, I hit the grocery store, and filled my cart with Smart Ones, Lean Cuisines, Boca Burgers, and Microwave Popcorn. I even bought some of those microwavable pouches of pre-cooked brown rice.

That's right. The secret is out: I'm all about convenience food.

Cut me a break! After months of labor-intensive Retro WW recipes that can take hours to prepare, it is absolutely FABULOUS to have my food cooked and in my belly in 5 minutes or less!

I'll admit the truth: I'm busy, I'm hungry and I'm lazy.

Today's lunch?


A Roasted Potato and Cheddar Cheese Smart Ones Meal mixed with some extra frozen broccoli. Not retro at all, but I am eating it from my favorite Pyrex bowl. That makes it all better, right?

Speaking of Pyrex--I am thrilled to be a new member of the Pyrex Collective. Stop by and check out this fantastic blog!

4 comments:

Helen said...

That Pyrex looks pretty retro to me... do they even make that pattern anymore?!

Scuttleboose said...

When I first read the title of your post, I thought it said "Pizza Makes Everything Better"... do you think I'm projecting? :)

Anonymous said...

That bowl is cute! I love convenience food too!

Pam said...

I LOVE that bowl. So very retro! Don't blame you for coming back to dieting circa 2010 - the retro diet recipes can be pretty gag-worthy!