Sunday, June 20, 2010

Gelatine Delights!

After much consideration, I have decided to lay off the Gelatine Molds for a while. Recently, I realized that my obsession with molds had become a bit of an unhealthy addiction, and I needed to detox from the Knox, baby.

However, this morning I started to twitch and itch. I really needed a tiny dose of Gelatine...you know, just to take the edge off.

I found the perfect fix in my 1972 WW Program Cookbook:

The Gelatine Pick-Me-Up

Combine 1 envelope unflavored gelatine, 3/4 cup tomato juice (hot) and dash aromatic bitters in a blender; run blender for 30 seconds. Serve at once.


*Gulp*

Perfect. Now I'm all better. It was strangely refreshing and a bit unsettling at the same time.

Now if someone could just explain to me how this concoction is supposed to help me lose weight, that would be great. On the 1972 Retro WW Plan, three packets of Knox Gelatine are permitted daily. Seriously?

Anyone have any theories on this?

7 comments:

Mollie's Mama said...

I have no theory. I'm still just in shock that you drank that. WOW!

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks so much for visiting and following my blog. I really appreciate it.

I love it "strangely refreshing and a bit unsettling" too funny!!!

Helen said...

Do you think it actually might congeal like a gelatin mold once it hits your stomach? Eww.

heidi said...

lady - i have a whole knox gelatine weight loss book! methinks i oughta guesty on that. yay you. did your throat close up/congeal?

Unknown said...

OMG - honey thats just gross... forgive me if I only find it strangely unsettling and not refreshing LOL

Tracy

Ellen said...

They say all that gelatin is really good for your nails. Looks like it's true!

Rohan said...

Thanks for sharing recipes of Order Detox Drinks for Hangover, this is very useful good for this problem.