Thursday, April 8, 2010

Why I Still Go


If you have been following this Retro WW Experiment from the very beginning, then you know that I set up a few rules for myself in my very first post. One of my "rules" is that I must attend a WW meeting every week.

Even though I have attended WW meetings for over 10 years now, they never get old to me. I have had many, many different leaders and have met many terrific people. Most of my friends are Weight Watchers members, and everything I have learned about weight management came from Weight Watchers meetings.

However, there are days (like today) that even I can't seem to drag myself to a meeting. It's rainy, or I'm tired, or I have a headache, or I'm too busy or all of the above. And I ask myself, "What's the point?"

But---As it says in this ad from 1971, "Imagine having a roomful of people all wanting to help you lose weight and keep it off. Let it rain. I've got too much going for me at Weight Watchers!"

Bring it on, world, I am headed to my WW meeting! What could be better?

Oh, wait! Before I go---I have to thank the fabulous Linda at Diva Weigh for the recent mention. Many thanks for spreading the Retro WW love!

4 comments:

Linda said...

You're welcome!

I love your blog!

Helen said...

Don't mess with what works for you. Have a great meeting!

KKSC2NC said...

Good for you!!!!

Unknown said...

I feel the same way! I love the whole meeting, even the people I meet at them- it's a great place to vent, chat, and share ideas with people doing the same thing as you. Love it! I never miss a meeting, it's my time! :)