Monday, April 12, 2010

A Case of the Mondays...

I really needed a pick-me-up this morning. After a long weekend of Non-Retro WW eating (and drinking), it is definitely time to get back to business.

This is serious folks.

Before diving back in head first, I needed to wake up and smell the coffee, and The Summer Sipper fit the bill perfectly.


Summer Sipper
(The Best of WW Magazine, 1973)

2 Cups Buttermilk

2 Cups STRONG coffee

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice


Combine all ingredients and chill 4-8 hours. Makes 4 servings.

Since I didn't have 4-8 hours to spare, I just served it on the rocks. The Summer Sipper doesn't taste great, but if this sucker doesn't perk you up-- well then you're dead. Who needs Starbucks when you can have the Summer Sipper?

Now that we are energized and sufficiently caffeinated-- get ready! Because this week I will be highlighting some of my favorite easy retro meal ideas, starting with breakfast--the most important meal of the day. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Helen said...

Disgusting. Maybe worse than the aspic!